Friday, September 15, 2006 ... 1:19 PM

Still Here, and Now There

If you live in or around Nashville, you're pretty much morally obligated to attend this show, on behalf of those of us living in more culturally remote corners of the South.

Monday, September 25, 2006
A very special evening one night only!
Solomon Burke with Buddy Miller
Special guests include Emmylou Harris, Patty Griffin and Gillian Welch
Belcourt Theatre


Read more here.

I'm happy to mention that I've started writing for HickoryWind.org, an ensemble Americana music weblog. That's exciting to me, and should also be good for this dusty creaky cobwebbed old Tent Revue, once I get the gears cranking again.

I'm sort of enlisted at Hickory Wind as an anachronist, which pleases me fine, only right now there is a lot of exciting new music hitting the shelves. Or the web servers, if you prefer. For starters, Solomon Burke's country record Nashville becomes available on Sept 26, and Nina Nastasia's On Leaving is encoded as binary numbers and uploaded for your lossless commercial replication next Tuesday. Myself, I'm going to the record store.


Brendan






4 Comments:

Hey, welcome back! I had just about given up on you, and had nearly voted you off the Island/Blogroll. Congrats on the Hickory Wind gig -- they were pretty much the first blog to link to The Monochord, so I have a special place in my heart for them.

But how writing for two blogs will increase your output on any one of them is ... not obvious ...

Well, anyway. Keep up the good work!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/18/2006 2:30 PM  

Hey Kurt, I'm glad you hadn't given up on me yet.

After free time, which I should have more of now, the big factor is momentum. When I'm writing, I'm writing; when I'm not, I'm not.

By Blogger Brendan, at 9/18/2006 3:59 PM  

"When I'm writing, I'm writing; when I'm not, I'm not."

Ain't THAT the truth.

Good to see you. :)

K McC.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/29/2006 10:25 AM  

Hey K McC, the e-mail I have for you doesn't work. Drop me a line will you?

boneyearnest@hotmail.com

By Blogger Brendan, at 10/02/2006 11:27 AM  

Post a Comment







Making Notes: Music of the Carolinas
(Novello Festival Press, April 2008)
includes my essay, "Link Wray"



SITES WHICH THE TENT REVUE RECOMMENDS

MUSIC
Flop Eared Mule
The Celestial Monochord
HickoryWind.org
Dig and Be Dug in Return
Modern Acoustic Magazine / Blog
The Old, Weird America
Honey, Where You Been So Long?


LITERATURE
The Greensboro Review
Mixed Animal
Night Train
Fried Chicken and Coffee
Mungo (This was the blog of my friend, the late Cami Park. Miss you, Cami.)
Staccato Fiction
Wigleaf
PANK Magazine


OTHER
Cat and Girl
Film Freak Central